DMAIC in Six Sigma is used to improve a process. DMAIC is the acronym for the following:
• Define the project, process and voice of the customer
• Measure the current process performance
• Analyze to determine and verify the root cause of the focused problem
• Improve by implementing counter-measures that address the root causes
• Control to maintain the gains.
DMADV is used to design a process, product or services. DMADV is the acronym for the following:
• Define the project
• Measure and determine customer needs
• Analyze the design options to select one that best meets customer needs
• Design the detailed processes
• Verify the design performance
• This systematic design methodology can build processes that will reliably meet customer expectations.
Read my previous post titled "The Robust Nature of Six Sigma" to know more about the characteristics of Six Sigma.
Did you enjoy this post?
The comments to this entry are closed.