Six Sigma Blog: DMAIC and DMADV in Six Sigma
DMAIC and DMADV in Six Sigma
DMAIC in Six Sigma is used to improve a process. DMAIC is the acronym for the following:
• Define the project, process and voice of the customer
• Measure the current process performance
• Analyze to determine and verify the root cause of the focused problem
• Improve by implementing counter-measures that address the root causes
• Control to maintain the gains.
DMADV is used to design a process, product or services. DMADV is the acronym for the following:
• Define the project
• Measure and determine customer needs
• Analyze the design options to select one that best meets customer needs
• Design the detailed processes
• Verify the design performance
• This systematic design methodology can build processes that will reliably meet customer expectations.